Saturday, May 19, 2007

Today is a good day!

So ever since I found out about my assignment in Peru my emotions have been wavering between joy, sadness, fear, excitement. The whole gamut really. Now I'm an emotional girl, moody if you will, but I've been somewhat overwhelmed lately by the amount of fear I have about leaving family and friends to go live in another country where I don't speak the language for over two years. On many a day, I'm truthfully - freaking out! But today is a good day. I feel ready to tackle any challenge. I feel like learning a new language will be a breeze. I feel like the world is my oyster. Today is a good day. But we'll just have to take it one day at a time, and that means that who knows how I'll feel tomorrow.

2 comments:

Julie said...

You are going to do so well in Peru! I can't wait to hear about your experiences. Keep us posted!

Take care! I miss you!

Julie

Unknown said...

You'll be fine. :) Enjoy every minute! You'll be amazed how fast the time goes. We're prayin' for you, girl! Cheers. :)